Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Interview with Dead Jesus

 DEAD JESUS

Interviewed by: Fonda

Hails Dead Jesus! How’ s the band? What are you up to lately? Busy with gigs and recording?

Lord Bedingfield: Glad you asked

How did you guys form as a band in 1997? Why DEAD JESUS? Do you believe he existed before?
LB: Do I believe Dead Jesus existed before? Absolutely. To the best of my reckoning, Dead Jesus' existence began immediately following his death

Lets talk about your first into mourning & comparing it to your latest release. Can you proudly say the band improved technical-wise or did the music change its genre through the course of time?
LB: Yes, we have improved technically, but I write that up to experience as opposed to trying to distance our sound from previous expressions. If you do something long enough and you \i don't \i0 improve, then it's time to investigate a different path in life. It's a dead end. We've always known what we wanted to play, because it was what we wanted to hear. But now, we can create just about any sound we hear in our heads. We know how to interperet that code in which music embeds itself. Don't get me wrong, there's never an end to it, there's no perfect form, but unless I miss my guess, this is a marathon, not a sprint

Org666, ever get wasted before performing that you can.t stand up and sing?
Org666: Org can't stand the smell of pot. Org can drink though. Fuck can Org drink

Evilglen & Blaggerbass, have you ever hear people comparing the two of you on who plays the guitar better? Do you get pressured or irritated?
Evilglen: I never really feel pressured, and I am only irritated by christian extremists like Org666 and Father Twelve. But everyone knows I play guitar better on stage left and Blaggerbass plays better on stage right, so it seems to even out in the end

Lord B., what was the piece you were able to play? I believe heavy bass is essential in death music. Do you agree?
LB: Hmmmm two part question. Very clever.

Father XII, ever played as a percussionist for other bands?
Father Twelve: I did some time in the Mudville Nine

I read that you had an opening slot for Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Incantation and Cryptopsy. I am fucking amaze. Who are the bands you still want to perform with?
Blaggerbass: I'm a huge fan of Oasis. But I don't feel the others sharing my passion. I think Glen wants to do a shampoo commercial and Org666 likes Enya. Other than that, pretty much what everybody dreams about; opening for Thor.

Where do you stand; in the mainstream or UG scene? Money or just applause?
LB: Neither. Money and applause are both forms of psychic masturbation. I play metal because it echoes the sounds in my head. I think everybody reading this feels the same thing. It's something you spit out like speech, like thought. Automatic. If society collapsed tomorrow and I had to rebuild my world you better believe there would be metal in it. A lot more rape too

Finish the sentence: RELIGION IS
_" best mixed with alcohol, finished with a sprig of lime and a little paper umbrella

Any plans banging other countries especially in Asia like Philippines?
Evilglen: Well, I don't condone cheating on your country, but yeah, I guess I wouldn't mind banging some other countries. Is Austria still single?

What do we expect from dead Jesus in the future?
LB: You tell me

Thank you so much for the bloody time! Any last messages for NBzine readers and Dead Jesus followers?
Evilglen: You are going to see and hear things in our company which you would ever repeat, had you not seen and heard them in OUR company.
www.deadjesus.net
www.picpost.com
www.myspace.com/deadjesus

No comments:

Post a Comment