Thursday, May 11, 2023

Interview with Lord Nero of Seraphim Slaughter

 SERAPHIM SLAUGHTER

INTERVIEWED BY : CORIX


NO BULLSHIT: -Hail! Lord Nero, how are you doing bro? How’s life in New Jersey?
SERAPHIM SLAUGHTER [LORD NERO]: -Well I’m fine, life in New Jersey sucks. Lots of ugly people! But I’ve lived here all my life and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

NB: -Before you formed Seraphim Slaughter what are those things that you enjoyed? When you start listening underground music?
LORD NERO: -Well before Seraphim Slaughter I was just some guy that was into music and always wanted to be in a band. I hung around with the other people in the local music scene. After awhile a couple of guys introduced me to Odnanref (my bass player). We were both into Metal and we decided to form a band.

NB: -Who inspires you in forming the band Seraphim Slaughter? Who and what gives you an idea to play black metal thing?
LORD NERO: - When we formed the band 3 years ago we sounded a hell of a lot different, we where Death Metal. After awhile we got sick of it and decided to play darker shit and slowly but surely we became completely Black Metal. I would have to say that bands like Darkthrone, Emperor and Gorgoroth are some of the key influences in our songs.

NB: -Did sometimes comes in your mind to send your music in some big labels like the Metal Blade? Did you send your latest demo to big magazines for review?
LORD NERO: -Personally, I don’t really care for shit like that. If Hell where to freeze over and we got singed to a big label and became big that would be great. If it doesn’t happen then that’s fine too. I love to create music, I really don’t care what people think. I do it for myself, that’s why I don’t really care for play shows.

NB: -Do you think Black Metal musick never became a trend? What can you say about these popular band: Cradle of filth and Dimmu Borgir?
LORD NERO: -I don’t think it became a trend. And as for bands like COF and Dimmu Borgir, I don’t consider them Black Metal, or at least not “true” Black metal.

NB: -Black metal heads really hail Satan, how much you really hail Satan? 
LORD NERO: - I’m an Atheist.

NB: -Anyway, how did you support your metal habit? Do you have work, into business or whatever to survive for existing?
LORD NERO: -Well I currently am collecting unemployment but after that I got to a piece of shit job again.

NB: -How bout the metal scene in your town? And who are those bands that you wish to work on a split cd and played live on tour? And why?
LORD NERO: -Well we pretty much are the metal scene over here. Most of the bands here are gay shit like Metalcore and hardcore faggots. Sadly there is a pretty big gay ass Emo scene here too. I hope all these fucking bands choke on their father’s cum and drop dead. And the split is just a rumor.

NB: -What can you say about Bush and the conflict of Iraq? And what can you say about those Iraqis beheading Americans?
LORD NERO: -I don’t care about politics.

NB: -Who do you think is the most powerful? Satan or Money? Why?
LORD NERO: -Money, more people are killed over it.

NB: -Horns up, bro! Thank you so much Lord Nero for this interview, feel free to fill this whole damn space of my zine for your necro words…
LORD NERO: -Thanks for your time, Infernal Hails to all Black Metalers in the Philippines!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment