Thursday, May 11, 2023

Interview with Sassy Kraimpsri

 SASSY KRAIMPSRI

Interview by: Fonda

Greetings to you Sassy! Busy with gigs I assume.Is Sassy your real name? or you got that nickname because it signifies your whole personality?
It pretty much sums me up in one word :)

Seriously Sassy, do you really have a “merry band of rock & rollers” who plays the other instruments or are you a 1-woman band? Kindly introduce them if they really exist!
I had the help of a great drummer from Sydney named Tash Adams- she was fifteen when we recorded the album which I'm about to release. I have a new band here in Norway who are all boys: Their names are Tricky Dicky Downfall on second guitar, VK Highwire on Bass and backing vocals and Kjetil on Drums and backing vocals. They all rock very hard, talk about hot chicks and pussy, and smell bad. The things we put up with!! But they're my boys.

[ if yes, your bandm8s can answer a few Qs in here! ]
Just curious, when you are guys are being introduce, is it “ our next performer is Sassy and the band” or is it just “next line-up is Sassy K!” which one do you prefer?
I prefer Sassy Kraimspri (pronounced Crimespree).

Since Sassy is a hotchick to handle, are you guys over-protective to her? Did it ever came to a point that you got attracted to her? ( sorry Sassy for questioning this! Haha!
Nah. I'm just using her for the fame and fortune- Tricky Dicky Downfall.

How long have you been playing all together now as a band? Any other side-band?
VK, Kjetil and Sassy started playing together in February 2006, Tricky Dicky came along in March. All of them but me (Sassy) have side bands (VK with a band called "Beauty Mistake" and Kjetil plays in a band called "Vaffler og Rømme på sengen" (waffles and cream in bed", Tricky Dicky in a band called Terror1st).

I like your new release “ToyBoy”! What’s the story behind the song? Is it something personal? Is it about your X- bf’s that you wanted to kill?
Toy Boy is definately about a boy that I met who fucked around a lot and thought he was the shit. I was just having fun with him and it felt really good to write a song that got all the good and bad and passionate shit that built up cuz of him.

What are mostly the things you write about in your lyrics? Do you lay it out as a poem structure first? Or do you make a rhythm in your guitar then put the lyrics?
It changes from time to time. Sometimes I'll be playing my guitar and I suddenly play and sing something that just works and it's as though I've left myself. Other times I will play around and work hard to find something I like and put words that I've written as a poem earlier to it, or write lyrics while I'm making it. I work really hard to get things interesting and that I like, and the words either have to be completely stupid and although they mean something in some sense to me, they are not deep or too corny, or they're corny and cheezy cuz I can't help it ;)

When did you got your 1st guitar? What was the first piece that you played?
I got my first guitar when I was twelve, and my dad taught me the basic chords and a song he knew, then I got my girlfriend who was taking lessons to tell me how to play Nirvana songs. THe first song I ever played all the way through was "About A Girl". One of my favorites.

Hmmm.. who is Sassy off stage? Do you project the same personality you have when you perform?
Sort of, it depends! I have a lot of different sides to my personality. I can be quite moody and bitchy but that's mostly with people I feel very comfortable with who I'm not worried about offending or that they'll take me too seriously. Life's so boring if you can't laugh at yourself! But I suppose that is sort of me onstage as well, although the stage and music and guitar and all the rest do give me a rush an get me pumped and cocky, so I guess that's mostly what I'm like onstage. Whereas at home I like to be quiet and relaxed.

Do you drink, smoke or get high? If so, before or after performance?
I like to do all of the above but Ive cut back on how often. There was a while where I did nothing else. I quit smoking cigarettes on a daily basis about a year ago, but I still light up when I've had a couple of beers, and in terms of getting high and drinking, a couple of times a week would be perfect for me!

Hey, any decent proposal everytime you play in a gig?! Or any crazy stunts by a fan of yours just to get your attention?
I've pretty much had guys get up on stage and dance or try to get me to say I'll come record with them at their studio or whatever, but nothing too crazy yet :( Someday soon, surely!

For example, your bf will be introducing you to his parents on a Saturday night, but you have this major gig on the same night as well. So what will you choose?
I would have to do the gig. I can only be with men who understand my commitment to my music. It's the only thing I work hard for in my life, other than them. But their parents can wait.

How do you define a woman in metal or a rockchick? Should she be someone with tattoos, piercings, or always drunk?
Always drunk is never going to be a good thing, because it fucks you up. But any woman who has courage, balls, strong opinions, passion and likes heavy music can be a rock or metal chick.

If they will pay you and give you a signing contract from a big music company, will you accept it?
It depends a lot on the contract. I will do my best to make it on my own until I can get a contract that lets me do it my way. Big companies can really fuck little bands over!

Not to scare you off or anything, but when do you have plans to settle down? Will it stop you from singing by that time?
I plan to get married very soon, but it won't stop me yet. I wonder about babies and things, because I think motherhood is going to be fucking amazing and incredibly hard and it's something I don't want to miss out on, but I will always make music. Be it for a career or myself. I plan to sing lots when the baby's in my tummy! Music is amazing.

lf Kurt Cubain was still alive, do you believe you are better off with him than Courtney Love?! Do you think he killed himself because of a broken heart?
I think Kurt was a very troubled person and I don't think I would have been able to keep him alive either. I don't believe all those conspiracy theories about her killing him. He was very intent on doing so himself, and couldn't handle living in this world.

You have already toured in Australia, so how about dropping off Philippines or in any other Asian countries?
I would LOVE to play in the Philippines and Japan and wherever,- you tell me where we'd be liked!!! We're going to the US in June for a tour and then Norway in late summer, followed by Europe for the rest of the year... were hoping to make our way to Australia via Asia or through Asia on our way back.

Cheers Sassy! Lots of thanx for answering this. I do hope that we will hear a lot more from your music! Any last messages?
The most important thing to remember on any given day no matter where you are or what you are doing is to appreciate the little things and like all your own weirdnesses. Otherwise you won't be able to do what you need to be complete. I've only just started to see the fruits of something I've been working hard at and had HUGE moments of doubts about for over 12 years! Otherwise, rock the fuck on, say hi to everyone from me, and take care ;) And, of course, Rock and Roll Kisses xxxooo Sassy K

No comments:

Post a Comment