Thursday, May 11, 2023

Interview with Noise Forest

NOISE FOREST

Interviewed by: Fonda

Hails Noise Forest! How’s everyone in the band? What’s keeping the band busy now?
Hello… What`s up? We`re all fine, our drummer Jürgen just became daddy of a little daughter. In fact we`re doing lots of rehearsals now to bring up songs for a new cd. On the other side Jürgen got his family, Boris got a new girlfriend in Holland and Eike is bringing his studies to an end. So, including a few live shows in germany, there`s enough things to manage..

Wow, great to hear that your life beside the band is going great! I think I should say congrats. Boris, you are the one who started the band. What motivate you to push through with the band even there were many line-up changes. Are you still a trio now?
Boris: Well, I`m not really the one, who started the band. All real founding members are already gone, but now I´m the oldest member, forester since `97!!
Noise Forest is my big hobby, my passion and a strong part of my life, so I try best to keep the forest alive. We had a few changes in the time of the band, but we always kept pushing forward in the same direction. At last we had strong personal problems, which nearly caused the death of Noise Forest, so we decided to split. But I did not want to live without music and without this band. So I decided to bring Noise Forest back to life, with new members and new power. Jürgen, who already played with Noise Forest for a time, became new-old drummer and Eike, who also plays with the “Brainfuckers Fun Foundation”, was asked to become guitar player. Me and Eike often talked about the problems and the stuff of our bands, and so I decided to ask him, because we have quite the same attitude, concerning band care.
And so we became a trio and we still are..

Nice to know everything is going ok now with the band. ”Less members, less Problems” you say. What are the common discords you had with your past band members? Given a chance to select someone to be a part of NF, who will it be and why.
Yeah, we had problems to get everyone together and to find a common opinion in the last years. Me and one of the guitar players got heavy discussions and one day we`ve not been able to handle this constant quarrels anymore. So he quit the band and the others decided not to go on with only three people left. So I stood alone and decided to look out for new musicians. “Less people, less problems” was the idea, because I wanted to keep it all as close as possible. Everything is easier to plan and to handle, when there are less different opinions and arguments. I also chose Jürgen and Eike because I knew they think quite same. So I already selected people I wanted to have..

Jurgen, are you a stable NF now? Do you also have side bands as well?
Jürgen : Yes, this time Noise Forest is for real. Last time I played with the guys, I had to leave, because there were so many other things and bands in my life. I just didn`t have enough time. Now family-business is positively done (smile!!) and I just got one other band besides. This band is called “Bandits”, we play cover songs. And I work as drum-teacher in a music school as well, so lots of music in my life.

It’s all in the blood, music can’t be removed since it is a passion, I usually say. Eike, you also came from the band “Brainfuckers fun foundation”, What genre of music do you play there? What brand of guitar you have man?
Eike: Right, “Brainfuckers” is my Band for five years now. We play “rapcore”, a nice mix of metal, hardcore and hip-hop. Check Brainfuckers.com!! With them I play “Ibanez Explorer”. When I play with Noise Forest I got a “ESP Viper Bariton”, both 6-string.

Yeah, I will try to check that out. Nice guitars by the way. How’s the UG scene in Germany? Is it really that heavy and fucking brutal?!
Well, in northern germany it`s not a really big deal. People like other styles of music more, but in eastern germany and also in the south the people are quite sick. Nice to play there, because they all go nuts.. But the bands here are quite hard. Lots of death and speed metal crews. Quite interesting, but sometimes too sick..

NF have 3 discographies already. Does the music change in every album?
A small change in everything. In fact, there is a step from album to album. The changes in the line up, the changes of influences and also our preceding age. It all comes down in our music. So every album is definitely different, and that`s cool. “Morbid Instincts” is our best album up to now, as we think, and there`s more to come. And at least, ever single cd has got it`s own style and some good songs.

Hey, is it true that German chicks are rough in bed?! Hehe…
Sure, that`s true!
Everyone who tells you something different is a fuckin`liar…

Ahaha! Nice answer. Are you one of those heavy German drinkers? How about smoking pot or something?
Eike: Well, in fact Boris and Jürgen are quite abstinent. They don`t drink much, or at least nothing. The age, you know…
I´m a little different in this case, but nothing to talk about right now, hehe..

Hehe, change topic.How did you come up with the band name by the way? What are the bands you are listening to right now?
Oh, we like lots of old stuff, like the first Metallica CDs or Slayer, but new bands like Dew Scented, Disbelief, Mudvayne or even Raging Speedhorn are quite nice. Many different stuff, but everything quite heavy.

Have you played in other parts of Europe? How about crossing by Asian countries?
We toured there with Dew Scented and Disbelief in denmark, austria and switzerland
In Asia cool, but we got and have no support to play in Asia.

Hey, NBzine will spread the news about you! What’s your stand on religion and dirty politics?
Oh oh, our stand on religion is not so well. For us it`s more a sect, than anything special and helpful. People who need that shall do it, but we definitely don`t.
Politics is more interesting. Who doesn`t see the shit happening around the world and isn`t upset by all that crap. People like Bush should be banned and that`s a fact!

Hails! I do agree! Assassinate! Hehe. Noise Forest will stop playing if_____________

Eike: …, someone forbids the beer!!

Jürgen: …, someone forbids coffee and water

Boris: never, I will stay hard

I just hope those reasons wont come true! Hehe. Ok, this is the end part! This is the part were you start selling yourself to our NBzine readers out there! And to your growing listeners. Thanks for the time! Cheers and beers!
Yeah, thanks for your interest and horns up to all the metalheads out there!!
Check our homepage www.Noiseforest.de!!
See you somewhere in the pit…

Boris, Jürgen, Eike – NOISE FOREST

No comments:

Post a Comment